- 1) Your purchase of Shelter Weekly Lottery entries is from Shelter (“the Promoter”), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Promoter from time to time promotes its lotteries. The Shelter Weekly Lottery is operated on behalf of Shelter by StarVale Management & Technologies Limited an External Lottery Manager who conducts multiple society lotteries on behalf of societies such as Shelter. StarVale Management & Technologies Limited is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 3273.
- 2) All proceeds from the Lottery go to Shelter (Registered office address: Shelter, 88 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HU. Registered Charity No.: 263710). The responsible person for the Shelter Weekly Lottery is Andrew Harris of 88 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HU.
- 3) As a condition of entry to the Shelter Weekly Lottery, you represent and agree that:
a) You are 18 years of age or over
b) You are a resident of Great Britain
c) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18
d) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address, telephone number and email address and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
- 4) You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraphs 3 (a), (b) and (c) above. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out any age-verification checks that it deems necessary in order to confirm age eligibility to participate in the Shelter Weekly Lottery. Any person found to be under 18 years of age who has entered the Shelter Weekly Lottery will be excluded from future entries and any monies paid over by them will be returned.
- 5) The prizes for the Shelter Weekly Lottery are printed on the leaflets / tickets provided and are advertised on the Shelter website. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 14 days of the draw date. Entrants will be notified by post, telephone or email as to any change in the prize structure. If a cheque payment remains uncashed after 6 months after the draw, this prize will be forfeited and used to fund Shelter’s vital work.
Joining the lottery
- 6) The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Members can buy a maximum of 4 entries to each draw when participating by direct debit or 20 single entries over a rolling 30 day period if purchasing single entry tickets from a Shelter Shop. Payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted. You will be entered into the first draw which takes place at least 9 days after you have signed up (i.e. If you sign up on a Wednesday, you will be entered into the draw the following Friday). Where payment is by direct debit, the direct debit must be set up and activated before entry into the weekly draw.
- 7) Each entry purchased will be taken as a monthly payment of £4.34 in order to achieve the £1 a week stake in the Shelter Weekly Lottery draw, allowing for months that have five weeks. Players will accrue a maximum of eight pence for one weekly entry at the end of each year’s subscription. This will be allocated against specific draw dates.
- 8) The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
- 9) The draw is completed by StarVale Management & Technologies Limited and will take place every week on a Friday. Where the draw falls on a bank holiday, the winners and reports will be published the next working day. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house. The first number generated will win the first prize of £500, with the subsequent 10 numbers winning £5 each. This is not a fixed odds lottery. In 2020, the likelihood of winning a prize was, on average, 1 in 690 in our regular Shelter Weekly Lotteries. Actual odds will vary draw to draw.
- 10) We will attempt to contact the top prize winner by telephone. All prize winners will be sent their prize by cheque. The winning numbers will be on the Shelter website: www.shelter.org.uk, and will also be available via the Lottery Office Helpline from the following working day. Please telephone 01524 753245 (Monday-Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.).
- 11) No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- 12) The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments
- 13) The Promoter operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which is available via the Shelter website and which will also be made available to customers upon request.
- 14) Shelter is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to our Responsible Gambling Guide which is available via the Shelter website, or request further information via the Lottery Helpline on 01524 753245.
- 15) You can self-exclude from the Shelter Weekly Lottery for a minimum period of 1 year and up to a period of ten years if it’s needed. This can be done by filling in the self-exclusion form on Shelter’s website (see lottery.shelter.org.uk/selfExclude). Any self-exclusion period may, on request, be extended for one or more further periods of at least six months by contacting the Shelter Lottery helpline on 01524 753245. You should read the guidance on self-exclusion available at www.begambleaware.org/self-exclusion to understand the consequences of self-exclusion.
- 16) Customer funds are player funds that the Promoter holds on behalf of players, other than funds which have been allocated to a particular lottery, and also includes unallocated prize funds.
- 17) Where applicable, the Promoter will hold all customer funds, as defined by the Gambling Commission, in a segregated bank account with trust status to protect them against the insolvency of the Promoter. This is considered a ‘medium’ level of protection by the Gambling Commission.
The draw and prizes
Responsible gambling and complaints
- 18) Entrants may cancel their entries into the Shelter Weekly Lottery by contacting Admin@lottery.shelter.org.uk. Cancellations will only become effective after all prepaid credits have been expended by entries into respective future draws. It is your responsibility to cancel any direct debit or standing order instruction held by your bank.
- 19) The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, shall be final and binding.
- 20) The Promoter will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, for the purposes of administering your subscription to play the Shelter Weekly Lottery. The personal information supplied by you will also be used by the Promoter’s suppliers who assist in the running of the Lottery, acting on the instructions of the Promoter.
- 21) Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of: Processing your payment, informing you of payment updates, administration of the Shelter Weekly Lottery, database management, undertaking quality control checks, conducting a welcome call to check your details are correct and transferring information to HM Revenue & Customs in respect of any possible Gift Aid claim.
- 22) We may contact you if we require further information to process your lottery payment or to administer your player registration. Our privacy notice, available at https://england.shelter.org.uk/contact_us/privacy sets out how your personal data is used. If you want to change the communications you receive at any time, please contact email@example.com